Saturday 22 February 2020

Easter Dinning Table


Welcome to my Blog Friends!

Today I would like to share another passion of mine which is sewing and making decorative pieces to use in my home. I have made some cute little cutlery holders to display on my easter table.









Add caption








These are simple to do! Here are the materials I used to make them;

-   Linen fabric
-   Matching thread
-   Lablanche easter iron on transfers
-   Lace
-   Gingham Ribbon   
-   Wooden buttons

Other items used;

Sewing machine, needle, pins, tape mearure. iron,

Here is how I made them;

First of all set your sewing machine ready with the chosen thread that you will be using. Cut to size your linen fabric 15.5"x 5". (If you would like to add an interfacing to stiffen your holders, do so by doing a double thickness of fabric and inserting this between the two layers). Sew a 1cm border all the way around your fabric on your sewing machine (this will prevent you fraying your fabric to much). Take your lace and sew along the top underneath your 1 cm border ( See picture for reference.) Fold the bottom half of the fabric back on to itself to make a 5.5" pocket to place your cutlery in, press with an iron and pin in place. Using the the sewing machine sew on the three sides, leaving the bottom and the pocket part remove your pins as you go. Fray all the edges shown by taking a sewing needle and  pulling the fibres away as shown. Now place your chosen transfer and iron in place. Make a bow using your Gingham ribbon and sew along with a button on your design. 

Hope you enjoy making these for your easter table!

Have fun see you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Just lovely Katherine! We have a lot of similar interests. I like to sew crafty things too! You are so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete

Dressing Table Makeover

Hello everyone I hope you are all safe and well. My dressing table and chair needed a make over so i gave them a new lease of life!...