Wednesday 12 February 2020

Paper Mache Easter Egg


Hello friends, Welcome to my blog!


Today I am sharing with you a little altered paper mache egg that is a fun decoration you can make for Easter! 












Materials used;

-  Paper mache egg
-  White gesso
-  Pentart lasur gel in ivory
-  Viva decor white chalk paint
-  Pentart dekor paint soft in patina green
-  LaBlanche easter decoupage sheet
-  Viva decor decoupage glue
-  13 arts gel medium
-  Resin Scrolls
-  Miniture birds nest
 -  Miniture eggs 
-  Sisal
-  Pentart Antique copper paste
-  Resin flower
-  Lace
-  Twine

Other items used, heat gun, hot glue gun, paint brush, scissors, a damp sponge and a spatula.


This is how I made it, first of all I took the undecorated paper mache egg and gave a coat of white gesso which I dried off with the heat gun, followed by a coat of white chalk paint. I painted the inside of the egg in Patina green. I then cut out my images from the easter decoupage sheet and applied decoupage glue to the back of the image and also on to the egg, I put the images in place and brushed over lightly with the glue and dried off again. I then applied the Lazur gel and with a damp sponge took some of the stain off (this is called knocking back). I once again dried the egg off and then it was time to decorate. I attached  the lace and a twine bow using hot glue followed by the resin flower and scrolls (that I had previously painted in Patina green) using the gel medium and a spatula. I glued in a small amount of the Sisal inside the egg followed with the minature bird nest and eggs. Finaly I used the antique paste on the inner edges, resin pieces, and the minture eggs inside. 

Hope you enjoy making my decorative easter egg!

See you soon.

5 comments:

Dressing Table Makeover

Hello everyone I hope you are all safe and well. My dressing table and chair needed a make over so i gave them a new lease of life!...