Sunday 9 February 2020

Lablanche shadow box



On my blog today is a shadow box that I have made using the beautiful cottage paper collection from Lablanche, I love working with anything vintage !









Here are the materials I used to make my shadow box.


- 8x8 shadow box
- Lablanche cottage paper collection
- Sage chalk paint
- White chalk paint
- White Gesso
- Pentart Antique copper paste
- Vintage photo distress ink
- Blending tool
- Resin corner decorations
- Miniture brass clasp
-  Hot glue gun and glue
- Heat gun
- Gel medium
- Hessian fabric
- Collall 3d glue gel



So here is how I made it. First of all I made my shadow box up, I then painted my corner resin pieces with white gesso and dried them off using my heat gun. I attatched the pieces using gel medium on to the four corners. Next I painted the frame using white chalk paint followed by the sage to create a washed shabby chic effect, I dried the frame with the heat gun and added the antique paste to all of the edges including the resin corners. I then cut my 6x6 paper of the cottage scene and glued it into place in the centre. I glued a piece of hessian on top followed by one of the toppers that I coloured with vintage photo distress ink and a blending tool, I curled some of  the edges around my piercing tool, Using the glue gun I attatched the topper to the hessian making sure it was curved so that it was not flat and created dimension. I added the die cuts using 3d glue gel, and placed the gate to look  as though it was opening slightly, followed by a little sign hanging over it, I added an epoxy embelishment from the kit and the brass clip to the topper and this completed my project!.

I hope you enjoyed my shadow box.
See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dressing Table Makeover

Hello everyone I hope you are all safe and well. My dressing table and chair needed a make over so i gave them a new lease of life!...